Memorial Day Weekend Grilling Safety Tips
As we approach Memorial Day Weekend, there’s nothing better than the smell of food on the grill. Whether you're cooking up a juicy filet mignon or grilling some good ole hamburgers and hot dogs, grill safety should always be top of mind. We all love spending time with our friends, family, and having our fur babies run around the yard in the summertime heat. If you're at a Memorial Day cookout or just enjoying some relaxation time with your loved ones, we just need to keep safety precautions in mind when enjoying outdoor grilling and barbecues.
Follow these safety tips below.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area
- Always keep your charcoal, smoker or gas grill 10' away from a structural setting (garage, shed, breezeway)
- Never grill under a porch, awning or covered structure
- Keep grill away from flammable materials
- Keep 10' from railings and bushes
- Always keep your grill clean from grease or food build up
- Check hoses for leaks
- Keep the hood closed while grilling or lighting the grill
- Never leave a grill unattended
- Oil and sauce the food not the grate
We never want a fire disaster to occur, but in the event a fire should occur we're here to help! Contact the pros and let us help!
SERVPRO of Marion/Middleborough