Weathering the Storm
As we approach the warmer weather there are different kinds of storms that we face. It's never too early to be prepared for such a storm. By following safety tips and precautions you can prevent being injured and prevent damages to your home and property.Should any of these storms occur and you've been affected as a result, We're here to help you in any event or circumstance. Don't go the battle alone, Let's weather the storm together. Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Marion / Middleborough.
Types of storms:
- Hail Storms. Many residents living in the U.S. have already experienced a severe hailstorm and witnessed the damage hail can cause to homes, automobiles, businesses and other property. ...
- Heavy Snow / Blizzards
- Derecho Storms
- Heavy rain
- Ice Storms
If caught outside, take shelter in a sturdy enclosed building or hard top automobile immediately.
- Avoid open areas,isolated objects, metal objects.
- Get out of boats and away from bodies of water.
- Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are close enough to the storm to be struck by lightning.
Take safe shelter immediately inside a sturdy building or basement away from windows, doors and electrical appliances.
- Inside tips on storm safety:
- Avoid using electrical equipment and telephones. Use battery operated devices instead, like flashlights.
- Close outside doors and windows and keep away from windows to avoid lightning strikes.
- Stay inside for 30 minutes after the last thunder has settled.
- Do not take a bath, shower or use plumbing until the storm has passed.
- Keep battery operated flashlights and lanterns ready to go.
- Have non -perishable foods, water and emergency supplies on hand in the event of power loss.
- If possible, have a charged cell phone available in the event of an emergency.
Stay away from windows, doors and electrical appliances.
We can weather the storm together! Call SERVPRO of Marion / Middleborough. We're Here to Help!