Watch Out for Candles!
Who doesn’t love candles? There’s nothing quite like lighting an apple cinnamon scented candle after a day of decorating in the middle of fall. Or maybe even a vanilla scented wick smell during the holidays. Whatever your nose prefers, there’s a scent for everyone’s taste.
However pleasing that smell may be, candles can play an extremely dangerous role in the event of a fire. Here are some tips to make sure you’re never the victim of a candle fire.
- Never leave burning candles unattended or sleep in a room with a lit candle
- Keep candles out of reach of children
- Make sure candles are on stable surfaces
- Don't burn candles near trees, curtains or any other flammable items
- Don't burn trees, wreaths or wrapping paper in the fireplace
- Check and clean the chimney and fireplace area at least once a year
Our team here at SERVPRO of Marion/Middleborough understand that mistakes happen — if you ever find yourself burned by the result of candles — give us a call. We can assure there is no job too big or too small when it comes to servicing our community.