Common Areas for Mold Growth
When it comes to your home or business mold is not something you want to mess around with. It doesn’t take very much time for mold to spread quickly. Mold can become extremely hazardous to your health, and if left untreated can cause costly structural damage to building materials. If you find mold growing in your home, it’s important to call in a professional who has the experience and expertise to have the mold completely removed by using the correct process.
Mold is a living organism that belongs to the fungi family. There are over 100,000 species of mold, and all of them can be harmful if not properly taken care of.
As long as oxygen and moisture are present, mold can virtually grow on any organic surface such as paper, wood, insulation, food, and carpet padding. Because mold will eat or digest what it is growing on, if left untreated, mold can even cause structural damage to buildings and furnishings.
Here are some Places to Watch for Mold Growth in Your Home:
- Basements or cellars that have been flooded
- Underneath kitchen sinks
- Attics & Crawl Spaces
- Underneath or behind refrigerators
- Behind walls that also house plumbing
- Stacks of damp or wet newspaper or cardboard boxes
- Around air-conditioning units
- Wallboard or around windows that leak
- Under carpeting that may have become wet
- Bathroom shower or under sink
You can prevent damage to your home or business, its contents, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth.
Reminder: With any type of water damage in the home drying the affected areas within three days or less will help prevent the growth of toxic mold that can make you extremely sick.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - 508-946-2397
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings