How To Prevent Dryer Fires
Did you know that dryer vent fires are the second leading cause of residential fires in the nation? If you’re not regularly servicing your dryer, you run the risk of falling victim to a dryer vent fire. Here are some things to keep in mind to ensure that your dryer keeps the heat inside:
- Use a professional installer
- Regularly service your equipment
- Keep the surrounding area free of flammable materials
- Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry
- Use only rigid or flexible metal venting material
- Ensure air exhaust vent pipe is unrestricted
- Do no overload
- Inspect Gas Lines
- Use the correct plug and outlet
- Never run the dryer when you leave home or are sleeping.
While these steps are simple and pretty easy to carry out, they are also crucial in helping to prevent a dryer fire. If you find yourself dealing with heat outside of the dryer, call SERVPRO of Marion/Middleborough for our fire and smoke damage restoration services. We’d be glad to help!