If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (508) 946-2397

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

A Little Moisture Goes a Long Way

11/11/2016 (Permalink)

Even the slightest amount of moisture in your home can turn to mold in the right conditions.

Picture this: It rained heavily last night, and you woke up to find a small puddle on your kitchen floor. You mopped it up, and it looks like the ceiling is dry. You think the situation has been dealt with, so you forget about it and go on with your day. What you do not realize is that above those ceiling tiles, the pink insulation has soaked up the water and is completely saturated. The longer that the wet insulation sits there, the more likely you will be having mold grow above the ceiling.

Even the slightest amount of moisture in your home can turn to mold in the right conditions. If you do see signs of water damage, such as staining of ceiling tiles. Even if the stain is light, it is best to have the area moisture tested. It is much easier and less costly to dry out your home after a water damage, than it is to have mold re-mediated. 

Contact SERVPRO Marion/Middleboro today at 508-946-2397!

Other News

View Recent Posts