When it comes to Hurricane Preparedness SERVPRO of Marion / Middleborough knows a thing or two:
Hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30th. We hope these tips will come in handy for when you’re preparing you and your household members for an unpredictable season.
- Make an emergency communication plan: where to go, what to do, how to reconnect.
- Make sure you know your community’s evacuation plan and route
- Collect and safeguard critical documents and records
- Pack an emergency kit with items such as food, water, flashlights, medication, and phone chargers
- Know where your gas shut off valve and electrical shut off are located.
- Protect your pets by making an emergency plan and kit for them. Remember to include medication if needed.
Being “Ready for whatever happens” is one of the many things we pride ourselves in at SERVPRO of Marion / Middleborough. Hopefully, these simple tips will help you to also be prepared in the event of a natural disaster, such as a hurricane.